This guide will show you how to watch and record Digital, ATSC, DVB-T, DVB-S and Analog TV. There are also many amazing extra functions available: Timeshifting, EPG, Picture in Picture (PIP), Capture Image and Add to Favorite list.
1. How to scan
Step 1. If a Digital/ATSC/DVB-T/Analog TV tuner installed or connected to your PC, and its driver has been properly installed, after launching Aviosoft DTV Player,, the application will auto prompt you to scan channels. Here we take DVB-T as an example.
Step 2. Click Yes to enter scan box:
- Country: Select your country on the drop-down list. If your country is not in the list, please select Universal.
- Specific Band: Entry your local frequency range to scan.
- Advanced Scan: Generally please keep it as default.
Step 3. Click to begin channel scanning.
2. How to watch
Directly Watch: In EPG window, double click a desired channel, you will directly watch this channel's program.
Switch Channel: Click or to freely switch to previous or next channel.
: Click to open a channel list dialogue box of all the channels and your favorite channels. Here you can freely select your desired channel to watch.
: Click to quickly access and play the last viewed channel.
: Click to select your desired subtitle.
: Click to select your desired audio.
3. How to record
Real-time record TV show: During TV show playback, click to begin to record live TV show. To stop recording, click . Then the recorded file will be shown on Floating Panel as below:
Create Scheduled Task: In EPG_Schedule window, click to create a task. You can set the task Name, Channel, Duration, Start and End time.
Note: Aviosoft DTV Player can auto wake up your PC under hibernation status when the created task time is up.
4. More functions
- Timeshifting: The useful timeshifting function ensures you never lose any part of your favorite TV shows or skip the boring advertisements. Please refer to Timeshifting for detailed instructions.
- EPG: Click to show EPG box. All the available programs and start time will be listed. You can find all detailed info on existing channels, programs, favorite channels and recorded files.
- PIP (Only available in Pro version) : Picture in Picture makes you watch two movies at the same time. Click Picture in Picture to know how to do it. Please note the PIP will be activated only when your tuner supports PIP.
- Capture image: Click to capture your favorite image in the TV show.
- Add to Favorite: In EPG box, click to show Favorite box:
: Click to preview your captured images.
: Click to remove the selected images.
: Click to copy the select image to clipboard.
: Click to save the selected images to another location.
: Click to create new folder for your favorite channels. Then click to go to channel list. Right click your chosen channel and select "Add selected channel(s) to Favorite or click to add your desired channels to Favorite folder.
: Click to move selected channels to another Favorite folder.
: Click to rename your favorite channels.
: Click to delete your favorite channels.
Step 1. Choose Satellite: If a DVB-S tuner installed on your PC, when first launch Aviosoft DTV Player, or when you click "Add" button in the scan dialog box, below dialog box will popup for you to choose satellite. Please select your desired satellite according to antenna's orientation, then click "OK" button.
Step 2. Set LNB: After choosing a satellite for the first time setup, below box will pop up:
Click "Setup" button to popup below dialog box:
Step 3. Set Transponder: You can access each Transponder information on the relative satellite operator's website. Below
Test : Test the selected transponder. If locked successfully, below dialog box will popup. Signal strength and quality will also be displayed in green color with the percent number. If the transponder is not locked, below dialog box will popup. Signal strength and quality will be displayed in red color.
New: add transponder. Click "New" button, type Frequency, Symbol Rate, Polarity and FEC. All of these parameters can be accessed in the relative website.
Edit: Edit the selected transponder, click to popup above dialog box for you to modify the parameter.
Delete: Delete the selected transponder.
Step 4. Search Satellite and Drive Motor:
Before scanning channels, please make sure the satellite antenna has rightly aimed at the target satellite. The installation of polar axis supporting DiSEqC 1.2 or higher on satellite antenna is necessary, and only when the satellite supports the command DiSEqC 1.2 or higher, you can drive the motor of antenna. You can only drive the orientation angle, the polarity angle and elevation angle should be manually adjusted.
Note: Please see the relative document for the operation details of how to rightly aim antenna to satellite.
Please see below how to drive motor:
- Drive East - drive antenna to east with the preset Step value, "0" means continuously drive to east.
- Drive West - drive antenna to west with the preset Step value, "0" means continuously drive to west.
- Set East Limit - set the east limit value, if motor drives to the limit value, it will auto stop driving.
- Set West Limit - Similar as "Set East Limit".
- Save Position - Save present position of the antenna.
- Goto Position - Go to last saved position of the antenna.
- Cancel Limit - Cancel east limit and west limit.
- Goto Zero - Drive antenna to zero position.
Step 5. Scan Channel:
Now you will begin to scan channel. The scan box is as below:
Satellite tab: show the binding relationship of LNB and satellite. A LNB can be bound with several satellites, but the antenna position of each satellite should be saved, thus the antenna will be rotated to the relative satellite position when switch channel between different satellites.
New: add binding relationship of LNB and satellite, click to popup dialog box to add satellite.
Setup: set LNB and transponder, to popup dialog box of searching satellite and transponder.
Delete: delete binding relationship of LNB and satellite. The added or modified transponder info will also be deleted.
Goto Sat: rotate antenna to the selected satellite. The satellite position should be saved in advance. Otherwise, this feature will be inactive.
Transponder tab: show all transponders supported by present LNB.
Test: test signal of the selected transponder. click to popup box showing locked or unlocked. Signal Strength and Quality will also be shown with percent number. Green color for locked,while red color for unlocked.
Scan TP: scan the channels of selected Transponder.
Scan All: scan channels of all Transponder in satellite.