Aviosoft Video Converter converts RM to AVI
Aviosoft Video Converter not only converts RM to AVI but also converts almost any other format to AVI, ASF, MP4, MPG, 3GP format for the popular portable devices. Apart from converting video, you can convert any audio files to MP3/MP2/AAC/AC3 or extract audio from video and convert them to MP3/MP2/AAC/AC3.
You can get a customized AVI video with five steps.
1. Press “Add File(s)” to add RM files. Batch conversions are supported!
2. Press “Profile” drop-down list to select “Common Video-XVID(AVI) ” or “HD Video-AVI” as the output format.
3. Press “Output-Browse” to choose a folder for keeping the converted files.
4. Press “Edit” or “Setting” to modify video. You can choose clip/crop/watermark/subtitle/merge/slideshow in the Edit menu. In the setting interface, you could change frame rate, bitrates, sample rate, channel.
5. Press “Start” to convert.
You can preview video on this Video Converter at any interface any time! On the top tool bar, YouTube helps you to directly download movies from YouTube or Yahoo URL.
What is RM?
RealMedia(RM) is a multimedia container format created by RealNetworks. Its extension is “.rm”. It is typically used in conjunction with RealVideo and RealAudio and is used for streaming content over the Internet. Recently, RealNetworks has developed a new container for VBR (variable bitrate) streams, named RMVB (RealMedia variable bitrate). Some RM files can be played using VLC media player, which includes partial support for Real Media files.
What is AVI?
AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. This is a container video format that specifies certain structure how the audio and video streams should be stored within the file. AVI itself doesn’t specify how it should be encoded (just like the streaming format ASF), so the audio/video can be stored in very various ways. Most commonly used video codecs that use AVI structure are M-JPEG and DivX. AVI contains code called FourCC which tells what codec it is encoded with.